Hungry Cloud Darkening
- Clearly Seen
- I Am Seen
- Hold This Moment
- You Look Around
- Blue Lights
- Talk About Something
- Fading Comfort
- Blue Green
- Hidden And No Trace
- Inhibited Window
This fall Pacific Northwest music label Off Tempo brings us the next big step in an ever changing world of prevailing music obsession- Glossy Recall by Hungry Cloud Darkening. The band’s 2nd LP is a perfect showroom of unique and familiar spectrally disparate organic sounds. We are granted ample space to stand and observe the vintage-innovative use of fundamental flowers guitar and keyboard and voice and bear witness to extinct monolithic bass melodies as they once existed: clear and 3D and uncompromised by medium.
The combination of the honed life-like nature of the engineering and the sparse playful behavior of the music will warrant and reward indefinite loud listens for both audiophiles and lyrics-learners alike. Allyson’s cosmic breathy words are projected into a boundless space of idle moments, decaying relationships, remembering, and misremembering, painting a picture of a rainy window view with an implied meditation on its blip nature among seasons lapsed and forthcoming. Though the record is foremost an irreverent attempt to create a new color, Glossy Recall seems to call forth feelings from listenership phases rich and deep in Roy Orbison, Yo La Tengo, Secret Square, and This Mortal Coil.
- All Music: 'Glossy Recall' Review by Fred Thomas
- NPR Music: Viking's Choice: Hungry Cloud Darkening, 'I Am Seen'
- Refinery 29: 16 Albums By Female Artists You Gotta Hear Before 2015
- BULLETT media: Premiere: Hungry Cloud Darkening’s Immersive Mood Poetry ‘Hold This Moment’
- Stereogum: “Blue Green” (Stereogum Premiere)
- CMJ: Hungry Cloud Darkening – “Clearly Seen”
- IMPOSE Magazine Debut: HUNGRY CLOUD DARKENING, “CLEARLY SEEN”